Sunday, August 16, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #15 Color Temperature



I'm here with the last lesson of My Favorite Thing's Summer School, Lesson #15 Color Temperature.  From the My Favorite Thing's blog:

For our final lesson of MFT Summer School, let’s take a look at the intentional use of color to create a mood for our designs with various Color Temperatures. The temperature of colors can be seen in the varying color hues used to create a mood.

Ya'll know I'm a color girl, and usually the brighter the better, but I wanted to stretch myself a bit with this last lesson so I chose to work with a neutral color palette, something I rarely use.  My color choices came from something I pinned a long time ago, but have never used on a card:




It's kind of funny, if you look at my Pinterest color board it's just loaded with bright, vivid colors; this pin is definitely out of the ordinary for me, but for some reason I was really drawn to these colors.




I pulled my colors from the graphic, black, dark grey, brown, the plum color although I don't have a dark plum, mine is more of a dark burgundy, and cream.  I used MFT's chevron die, and the sentiment is from Brushstroke Birthday.  I embossed it on a piece of polka dot velum.  I wanted to add some circular elements to my card (remember lesson #13, hard vs soft, yes I was paying attention lol!) so the dots in the vellum, the circular sequins, and the loops of twine behind the sentiment help to soften the hard edges of the chevron.  I figure this will be a perfect card for one of the men in my life, don't you think?

I'm really sad to see this series end, I've enjoyed playing along and LEARNING!  I'm very curious to see what MFT has in store for September though, Susan says it will be something of a "final exam".  Ahhh, something to look forward to!

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those colors are fabulous!! Really love this one Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dark colors, so rich and pretty! Love that your card is so versatile too!

    ReplyDelete