Friday, December 9, 2016

Sending Hugs

Hello peeps, welcome to the December Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!  This month's theme is "WINTER"!  If you don't have any specific "winter" themed Concord & 9th stamps, no worries, the design team will be sharing some very creative ideas to help you out!










To start my card I did some ink blending with distress inks on white card stock (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, and Faded Jeans), and then splattered the background with some water drops.  Next I created my snowman.  To do that I found 3 different sized circle stamps in 3 different Concord & 9th stamp sets.  For the biggest circle I used LET'S CHAT, for the medium circle I used the solid backside of the orange slice from HUGS, and for the smallest circle I used BIRDIE BANNERS.  I stamped the circles using white pigment ink and then I embossed with white embossing powder.  For the snowman's "arms", I used a stem stamp from WILDFLOWER.  It works perfectly for twig arms, don't you think? 




I stamped the sentiment from HUGS with black ink.  Next I stamped snowflakes from O CHRISTMAS TREE and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I ran my Versamark ink pad along the bottom of the panel and added some white embossing powder to make "snow".  I hand cut the snowman's hat and bow tie from card stock, those shapes are very easy to make!  I added some tiny enamel dots for his eyes and buttons, and finished the card with some red twine.

My card just goes to show you that you don't need to have specific winter themed stamps to create a wintery card!  I can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge, I'm sure it will be GREAT!  One winner will be invited to be a guest designer with us, and another winner will be chosen through random.org to win a $25.00 gift card to Concord & 9th!  You have until the 29th of December to enter.  Please pop over to the Where Creativity Meets C9 blog to see what the other design team members have created to inspire you, and don't forget to check us out on Instagram and Facebook!

4 comments:

  1. YOU are a genius! Your snowman has me smiling allllll over my face! Such a sweet Frosty *grin*
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you the creative one! This is darling and quite brilliant if you ask me! Your background is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Diane! You are so super creative! Love your sweet snowman and the fabulous snowy background!

    ReplyDelete