Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Heart Desires Challenge 9

Hello my friends!  Today I'm playing along with The Heart Desires Challenge for the first time.  I fell in love with this month's inspiration board when I saw it!




Delightful colors and images, aren't they!  This post actually has a lot of firsts.  First time playing with this challenge, first time using Newton's Nook Designs NEWTON LOVES COFFEE stamp set, and my first time attempting to no line color a critter image.




I've done a bit of no line coloring with floral images, and let me tell ya, that's a lot easier than animals lol!  I'm sure it's like anything though, practice makes perfect.  What I do love about this card is the layering of patterned papers.  I used Studio Calico Snippets Collection and Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6X6 paper pads.  The adorable kitty and sentiment are from Newton's Nook Designs NEWTON LOVES COFFEE stamp set.  I bought this stamp set ages ago but this is my first time using it.  I used distress inks to stamp the kitty and then watercolor it. 




Have you tried no line watercolor?  Any tips for me?  I know you can do it with Copic markers too, I might try that next :)

Thanks for stopping by today!


13 comments:

  1. I think you did great on the colouring. Also love how layered your papers. Will have to check out this new to me challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great job! Love the soft image and the perfect papers! Thanks for joining us at THD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tool of choice for no line is colored pencil, I think I've tried watercolor once. Must do! You did a great job, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, this is DARLING. Newton looks awesome!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Heart Desires Challenge💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card--the designer papers are perfect for the challenge and great job on your coloring!

    Toni
    THD DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Diane! You did a wonderful job with the watercoloring! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, but your card is wonderfully sweet! Checking in: is everything okay? Missing you LOTS!!!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely^^ Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So precious and great coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you, was just thinking about you this evening and realized I had not seen anything from you for a while on FB and Instagram. Hoping all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just ran across a comment of yours from way back and wondered what you're up to? Funny that I come over here on Feb 1 and Feb 1 last year was your last post... Miss you in blogland.

    ReplyDelete