Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge

Today I'm playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge-Pretty in Pink!  I really love the inspiration photo, the colors pack a real WOW factor in my book!!





I also have a close up of the cake, I added Wink of Stella which you can't see at all on the above photo.



I used the Eat Cake & Celebrate stamps and dies from Concord & 9th to make my card.  They're having a special this month to celebrate their 6 month anniversary and I got these stamps and dies for FREE with a purchase!

To make my card I first stamped the card base with the stripes (Watercolor Stripes from MFT), using Wplus9 Little Piggy ink.  Next I stamped the word "celebrate" repeatedly on a white panel using Versamark ink and white embossing powder, then I added the blue color by using my ink blending tool and Hero Arts Navy Shadow Ink.  The candles were stamped on white paper using the Little Piggy Ink.  I stamped the sentiment and cake using the Navy ink, and added some clear embossing powder to them.  You can do this with the Hero Arts and Wplus9 inks if you do it very quickly, the powder will stick.  I colored my cake with Copic markers and added the Wink of Stella.  I added a the star accents above the sentiment with a cute little stamp that's in the Eat Cake & Celebrate set.

I don't normally buy the dies to match when I buy stamps, because it more than doubles the price of my purchase, but OH MY how I loved having the die here to cut out that cake!  It makes me feel positively SPOILED lol!  I might have to just bite the bullet and start purchasing fewer stamp sets so that I can get the matching dies, particularly when the stamps are more complicated to fussy cut.

Hope my card inspires you to create today!  Thanks for stopping by :)


9 comments:

  1. Matching dies are thr best! I have a lot of older sets without dies and soon I will cave and get the dies! Such a great card and amazing use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and feminine card Diane!
    I agree with Karen, matching dies are super fun ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane your card is fantastic, I just got that set too and now I am inspired. Dies are the best. Now that I have a ScannCut I'm hoping I don't always need to buy the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so awesome.. perfect take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design, Diane! Fantastic!! I just got those too so thanks for the inspiration. I so agree about dies. I usually try to save by just ordering stamps but then am often wishing I had the dies. I don't mind fussy cutting and sometimes even prefer the look but it's so quick with dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is too cute! Adorable birthday card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfection! Great use of the colors and sketch for a true Fusion. Totally love this! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty in PINK Diane!!!!!! So great to have you join us this challenge at FUSION!!
    LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete