Wednesday, June 17, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #2

I'm back today with another card for My Favorite Thing's Summer School.  Today's lesson is about creating a focal point on your card.




I had a lot of fun creating this card!  For the background I used MFT's large chevron stencil.  First I inked up the stencil with some light grey ink then sprayed it with a fine mist of water.  I then pressed that to my paper; this created the grey speckles.  Then in the open spaces of the chevron stencil I used Broken China distress ink and a sponge to add the blue.  I die cut my paper with the large stitched die from Die-namics Blueprint 13.  To make the "vase" I cut a piece of white card stock and dotted vellum using part of an MFT flag die and then layered them together.  I think this looks a bit like a vase and worked well enough since I don't have any vase dies.  The flowers and leaves were die cut from Blueprint 14.  I only own 2 of the Blueprint die sets but I wish I owned them ALL, they're so versatile and wonderful to work with!!  I sponged the flowers with Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey distress inks, and the leaves with Cracked Pistachio.  The sentiment is from MFT's Blue Skies Ahead and the washi die cut it's stamped on is from Die-namics Washi Tape.

So there you have it, I think this card has a strong focal point and I love the way it turned out!  I'll be back tomorrow with lesson #3!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this....so very fun & happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane this is wonderful! You have indeed created a lovely focal point with the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, your card is beautiful! I love the bright, happy floral bouquet! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete