Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Gossip Column #3



I made a card today for The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 3 / Interview with an A-Lister.  The A-Lister is none other than the FABULOUS Jocelyn Olson!  I've been a fan of Jocelyn for a long time and was delighted to learn more about her and have the opportunity to case her wonderful style!




Not sure how well I captured Jocelyn's style but it sure was fun trying ;)  My card started off with the white piece with the stenciled chevron down the side.  This was leftover from a card I made a few days ago and I didn't want it to go to waste.  I loved Jocelyn's "congrats, you rock" card over on the Winnie & Walter blog and that was my inspiration piece.  I love how she die cut the word "congrats" and let the red paper show through from underneath, so I decided to do that with the flower from In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways.  I also loved the layers of paper Jocelyn used so I made sure to include several layers on my card.  I cut the red patterned paper with the large scalloped frame from Essentials: Audrey Cutaways.  The little row of hearts under the word hope are also from Audrey Cutaways.  After I die cut the word hope and the leaves I used some Tumbled Glass distress ink and sponged the color on to match the color on the chevron.  To finish the card I added a few yellow sequins and tiny white hearts, which I put a little glossy accent on.

This was such a fun challenge!  If you'd like to try your hand at "channeling your inner Jocelyn", head on over to the Winnie & Walter blog to join in the fun!

 




7 comments:

  1. This is marvelous...the colors, the polkas...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love that polka dot rose. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, you captured Jocelyn's style wonderfully and infused it with special touches all your own! Your card is gorgeous...the polka dots, the pale blue, the stenciling and die cuts and, of course, that whisper of yellow..a most eye-catching, refreshing combination! Jocelyn and Taheerah will love this, as do I! WOW!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Bright Colors and your AMAZING design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the clever use of negative die cuts here with the pops of colour and pattern showing through - very Jocelyn! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your take on Jocelyn's style is beautiful, Diane! Love the balance of color, pattern and white. Thank you so much for joining in The Gossip Column challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You know I've been a big fan of your cards, Diane, and I'm so honored that you played along with the challenge! Your card is stunning! I'm loving the white space and bold colors, the patterned papers layered underneath, the die-cuts, the stenciling--every element is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete