Friday, October 30, 2015

30 Day Coloring Challenge on The Daily Marker

Hello!  I decided to link up my last card for the 30 day coloring challenge over at The Daily Marker.  Most of what I created for the coloring challenge was posted on Instagram but I didn't link it up on Kathy's blog.  I don't have an Instagram follow button on my blog here but if you want to follow me there just search for Diane Jaquay and you'll find me.  I post a lot more there than I do here on my blog.   I find it easier and quicker :)







This card was really a labor of love!  I had made another version of the card where I'd embossed the Santa with the same powder that the stars and striped bar are embossed with (liquid platinum), but the Santa didn't pop enough so I made this version with a black outlined Santa.  I used Zig Clean Color brush markers to color Santa.  The thin strips of red and green paper on the sides of the striped bar are shiny sparkly specialty papers I got a long time ago.  They're perfect for holiday cards!  The star swirl and stars are from Papertrey Ink and Santa and the sentiments are from Reverse Confetti Jolly Holiday stamp set.  I really love how this turned out!

I want to thank Kathy for doing her 30 day challenges.  Even though I didn't color on every single day, I did a lot more this time around than I've managed to do in the past!  And guess what, I'm starting to realize that I love coloring a whole lot more than I thought I did!  I know I've mentioned here before that my hands are quite shaky, which can making coloring very difficult for me.  But I've managed to find ways to work around it, and steady my hands enough to do a decent job of it.  I will NEVER ever be a Kathy Racoosin or an Alice Wertz (my coloring hero), but how many of us can be, really?  I have other strengths that I play to when I create my cards, and I have FUN, which is really what it's all about.  So thanks, Kathy, for helping me to discover more about myself and enjoy this process more!


6 comments:

  1. OMG! Adorble! Something about all that white space just makes all the colors pop on this Diane! I love all your signature bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is over the top adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Diane! I'm so glad you found Santa! haha! Happy to hear you have enjoyed coloring. I love to color! I love the addition of the silver stars and swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! This is precious, Diane! Love those embossed details, and the white on white is so striking!

    ReplyDelete