Friday, October 9, 2015

Ho Ho Ho

Hello!  I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the season today!  I made this card for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #249 and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is Clean and Simple Christmas.







Since I was combining MFT and a Christmas challenge I had to get a bit creative because I don't own any MFT Christmas stamp sets (yet!)  So I used the cute little tropical penguin from Penguins in Paradise and turned him into a cute little Santa penguin!  I did this by adding a Santa Hat and holly leaves to him.  The original penguin is holding an ice cream bar, I simply cut that away and added the holly leaves.  The palm tree is from Penguins in Paradise, the Christmas lights are from The Stamps of Life, and the Santa hat, holly leaves, and sentiment are from Michael's dollar stamp sets.  I colored the images with Zig Clean Color Brush pens.

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. How fun that you did the lights on your panel in color! And your festive little penguin looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas card Diane! It's so cute and I love how you have stamped the lights and incorporated them on the image and background. Great idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and stamping on my card make me so happy! Your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete