Monday, December 14, 2015

Winnie & Walter Rerun #7

Hello and happy Monday!  Today I have a card to share that I made for this month's Winnie & Walter Rerun challenge.  I don't own the set they're using this month, Winter Woodland, so I used Gayatri's beautiful card for my inspiration.





I've been itching to use the images from Elsa's Flora on a card (other than the poinsettia which I've used several times now), and this was a perfect opportunity to do so.  I used Distress stains direct to stamp to achieve a loose watercolor look.  The color palette is Vintage Photo, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Broken China.  I used my blending tool and Ground Espresso Distress ink around the edge of the card, but I felt it need something more so I added the gold embossing.  The sentiment was made from the two Evelyn T. stamp sets, Merry & Bright and Happiest of Holidays, and I embossed with gold.  I simply ADORE the beautiful sentiments in these 2 stamps sets!  I think they're elegant, yet playful, such a great combination!

That's all for now, hope you have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

  1. A wonderful card, Diane! Never tried using a Distress Stain on my stamps, but now I'm going to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The gold edge is the icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design with the distress inks! The gold embossing is a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and elegant card, Diane! I love the touch of Broken China too which adds a burst of unexpected color. Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete