Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Card Concept #49

Well hello there, so glad you stopped by today!  I have a card to share that I'm entering in the current Card Concept challenge in the freestyle collage category.  I fell in love with the gorgeous colors in the inspiration photo and had to try my hand at making a card!







The flowers are from Concord & 9th's Floral & Flutter Dies.  I cut them from white card stock and then used a variety of inks and my ink blending tool to color them (Hero Arts Fresh Peach, PTI's Harvest Gold, and Spiced Marmalade distress ink).  For the background I used Cracked Pistachio distress ink and my ink blending tool to lay down some soft color, then I stamped the leaves from Concord & 9th's Wildflower stamp set with Cracked Pistachio for a very subtle look.  I added some splashes of Spiced Marmalade and Cracked Pistachio to the background also.  The sentiment is from Concord & 9th's Beautiful Words stamp set.  I added a few highlights to the flowers with my white gel pen and some Wink of Stella (which you can't see in the photo unfortunately!), and finished the card with gold sequins.

That's all for now, hope you have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. This is a good gasp out loud at its beauty kind of card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa!!! Simply wow!!! Thanks for sharing this with us here at The Card Concept!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous...way to rock the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these flowers...your card is gorgeous Diane. Just received my first Concord & 9th order...I should have added these to the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those flowers are gorgeous.. this card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are wonderful! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are wonderful! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been playing with my new Concord & 9th dies but no card yet. Love your whimsical blooms! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card. I love the soft watercoloured background and those beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is a real eye popper!!!

    ReplyDelete