Friday, September 4, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Happy Friday, friends!  My boy is HOME from college and this mamma is so happy!!  I hugged him at least a half dozen times since he walked in the door this afternoon, you'd think he'd been gone for a year lol!  So this card is kind of fitting for today with the sentiment Home Sweet Home :)  I'm playing along with Winnie & Walter's Rerun #4, and I was happy that I have the stamp set they're using, This Awesome House.  This is the first time I've inked up the large house image!










I stamped the house on white card stock and cut it out.  The pretty background paper from MME came from a prize package I won from Teresa Kline of Paperie Blooms.  As a matter of fact I received my prize package in the mail yesterday and immediately sat down to make this card.  It was serendipity, I felt that woodgrain paper with the beautiful flowers was perfect for the house!  I stamped the sentiment on patterned paper from the MME pad, and added some hearts coated in glossy accents which were cut from Audrey Cutaways.  This would make a wonderful "new home" card!

Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!  I know I'll enjoy every second of it having my family here all together :)


6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Diane and so glad your son is home to share the weekend with you! Thank you so very much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Diane! I love the patterned papers with the big white house! Such a great combo! FAB all around:)
    THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me love <3 You made my day!!! HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun card! The sentiment on the patterned paper banner looks especially festive. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy some special time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, your card is beautiful, but my favorite part of your post is how many times you hugged your son when he came home! Makes my heart happy! I have a teenage son too and I imagine I would do the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete