Wednesday, September 9, 2015

MFT Card Design Superstar Contest

I'm back today with another card for the My Favorite Things "You Could Be a Card Design Superstar" card contest.  This is card #3.




My card today uses the Dienamics Chevron Cover-up die.




Dies are one of my favorite design elements and MFT has some of the BEST dies out there!  I cut a rainbow of colors from the chevron die and mounted them on foam tape.  I placed the outer part of the die on my card base to use as a guide to place the chevrons, then removed it, leaving just the raised chevrons.  I love this look!  I stamped some of the pretty flowers from Polynesian Paradise and fussy cut them.  For the sentiment I cut the word "happy" from black card stock, and for the word "birthday" which is from the new Label Maker Sentiments I stamped with Versamark ink on black card stock and embossed in white.  I finished the card with some gold thread behind the flowers, and some Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins.  I love the look of the black and white flowers on top of a colorful background, I think it really makes the flowers sing!

Have a fabulous day, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love this :) Just wanted to say good luck as your card really stood out from the gallery.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite chevron design I've ever seen. Love the way you used the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorful chevrons! Great look with the pretty white blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Diane - the bright cardstock and the b&w flowers look fab.

    ReplyDelete