Sunday, August 14, 2016

Essentials by Ellen August Mix It Up Challenge




Hello there!  Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the Essentials by Ellen August Mix It Up Challenge.  They're mixing it up with Winnie & Walter this month so I HAD to play along!  Sadly I missed out playing along with all the Share the Love festivities when Winne & Walter featured Essentials by Ellen, so there was no way I was going to skip this challenge!  These products work beautifully together!








I used the lovely leaves from Winnie & Walter's In Bloom: Renee's Leaves.  It's been hot as the devil where I live so I've been dreaming of cool, crisp, Autumn days lately!





I stamped the leaves using VersaFine Sepia ink on some Canson Mixed Media paper.  This paper is thinner than regular watercolor paper which makes it easier to fussy cut images.  It also works great if you're using your Zig watercolor markers direct to paper, which I did here.  Being thinner it can't take a ton of water, but if you're not using water it's a great paper!  Along with the leaves I die cut the berry stems from Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden from gold glitter tape.  For the sentiment I stamped the word "autumn" from Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Seasons, using VersaFine Sepia ink.  I heat embossed the words "have a beautiful", which is from Essentials by Ellen Mondo Magnolia, using gold embossing powder.  I wanted to add some splatters to my card (because I love splatter!), but decided against it.  The last card I made where I decided to add splatter at the end got totally ruined and I wasn't in the mood to take chances with this one lol!  Oh well, I still think it's pretty :) 




Thanks for stopping by today, have a good one!


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love the downward cascade of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous, Diane! While I'm totally not ready for summer to end, I love your beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diane that is stunning! What a gorgeous fall card! And unlike Leigh, I am totally done with summer :) heheh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this..the colours, the layering....great card mf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of heat and humidity here too, so I'm with you about wishing for autumn. Your card helps to put me in the mood. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIRL I love it...the colors are beautiful... I think you did a great job on that card....

    ReplyDelete