Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wishing you a fin-tastic day!

Hello there!  It's been awhile since I've posted a card so I'm extra happy to be able to share one with you today!  I have a last minute entry for the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge using the adorable Reverse Confetti stamp set, Mermaid Kisses!








To make my card I started by dry embossing the Sunburst Cover Panel Confetti Cuts onto a sheet of white card stock.  I then cut a reverse mask of the cover panel to place over the card stock and used my ink blending tool and some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink to color the rays and center circle.  I used Doin' The Wave Confetti Cuts to cut the slanted wavy border for the bottom of my card.  I colored that piece with Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean Distress Inks and my ink blending tool, adding some water and ink splatters after coloring.  I popped the panel onto my card base with some foam dimensional tape.





I stamped the mermaid and fish from Mermaid Kisses and colored them using Zig Clean Color watercolor markers.  I cut them out with the Mermaid Kisses Confetti Cuts.  I stamped the sentiment from Mermaid Kisses using black ink in the center of the sunburst.

I want to get a few more summer cards finished before I'm totally in the fall/winter crafting mood.  It's been cooler here in PA this past week (80's and not humid as opposed to 90's and humid, if you can consider that cooler!)  Although I love all the seasons, I'm definitely ready for some cool, crisp fall air to arrive!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!






8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Like you, I'm ready for cooler weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect, Diane! I love the sweet scene you created! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love how you created your sunny BG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that is just darling Diane! Love how you did the background for that sweet little mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so cute! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet take on the sketch, Diane! Love that little mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mermaid is so adorable! Love your sweet scene with those awesome background dies!

    ReplyDelete