Friday, August 26, 2016

Life is better in FLIP FLOPS!

Hello there!  It's Friday, and I have the next few days all to myself.  My son is off for a weekend with his friends, and my daughter and hubby are attending an anime convention.  So the dog and I are just hangin :)  I made a card for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #52 "Cut It Out" using the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!





This sketch really had me scratching my head!  I was fascinated looking at the DT samples to see their interpretations.  When I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge was about using their exclusive die cuts, I decided to make a summer card using the Summer Greetings die cuts.




I stamped the flip flops from Flip Flop Season in black ink, then "colored" them by adding distress ink to the solid, reverse side of the stamps, spraying with a mist of water, and stamping.  I used Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade.  I cut the panel using the SSS Postage Edge Frames dies and mounted it onto some Kraft card stock.  I cut the "flip-flop" die from Kraft card stock and popped it up on my card with some tiny pieces of foam tape.  The words "life's better in" is from the SSS Happy Block Greetings stamp set.  I added some splatters, sequins, and twine to my card to finish it.

We're back in the thick of summer here again in PA enjoying some hot and soupy weather (NOT!)  Still dreaming of those crisp, cool, fall days...


9 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such an awesome take on the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such an awesome take on the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your super fun, Diane! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cuteness Diane....great card!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the negative die sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take on the sketch, Diane! Love those flip flops!

    ReplyDelete