Sunday, September 11, 2016

Much love

Hello, friends!  I made a card today that I'm entering in the Essentials by Ellen September Mix It Up Challenge with Concord & 9th!  You know that anything that combines Essentials by Ellen and Concord & 9th is gonna be something I HAVE to play along with, right?!!  Two of my favorite product lines, for sure!











I have this gorgeous 12x12 patterned paper that I bought from my Stampin Up club that has big watercolor flowers and leaves on it, similar to the sizes of the dies in Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden Designer Dies.  I thought hmmm, I bet these flowers and leaves would look amazing cut with this paper, kind of like a faux watercolor look.







So that's what I did to make this card.  I simply placed the dies over the flowers and leaves on the patterned paper and cut them, keeping the pieces intact by adding tape on the back of the paper.  I cut some white cardstock for the flowers, and placed just the outline on top of the patterned paper flowers.





I used Concord & 9th's BARNWOOD BACKGROUND stamp to make the background, using brown ink and stamping on Kraft cardstock.  The sentiment is from BRUSHED BLOSSOM.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  The blue paper is also from the Stampin Up paper pack.  I was going for a lush, tropical feel on this card and I think I succeeded :)


4 comments:

  1. Diane this is stunning!! What a brilliant idea to use the patterned paper for a background for the flowers! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in the challenge gallery and my jaw dropped! Just wow!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, just gorgeous! Great idea to use the patterned paper with the dies!

    ReplyDelete