Sunday, September 18, 2016

TupeloDesignsLLC Guest Designer

Hello, so happy you could join me today!  I'm back for my second guest appearance with TupeloDesignsLLC!  I hope that you've had a chance to check out their store since my last post.  In addition to carrying MANY of the most popular product brands, TupeloDesignsLLC offers fast, FREE shipping with no minimum purchase for all US orders and discounted shipping for international orders, along with an awesome Loyalty Rewards Program!

Speaking of popular brands, I'm thrilled today to be sharing a couple of cards using stamps from a company that I've been dying to try for a long time now, Altenew!  TupeloDesignsLLC carries a wonderful selection of Altenew stamps and dies!






My cards today use Altenew's COFFEE LOVE stamp set!  I've been seeing cards using this stamp set a lot recently, and being the major coffee fan that I am I just had to pick this up!






You might be wondering about the background paper for my cards today.  It's actually the packaging that my TupeloDesignsLLC products were inside when I received them in the mail!!  I love to recycle packaging when I can, and this paper was perfect for these vintage coffee images!  For my first card I stamped the coffee pot and cup on watercolor paper using Ground Espresso distress ink.  I used a water brush to spread out the ink over the coffee pot and cup, adding some ink at certain spots to make them darker.  I splattered them with water and ink splatters, and then fussy cut.  I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.  This card was SUPER easy to make, and will make a perfect card for my hubby :)








For my next card I used a few other products in addition to COFFEE LOVE.  The doily in the background was cut using LACY FLOWERS DIES from Waffle Flower Crafts.  To make the tag I used BAGS & TAGS DIES from Concord & 9th.  I really love this die set because it allows you to make lots of different customized sizes and styles of tags, gifts bags, gift card holders, etc.  There's a nifty little video on the Concord & 9th website showing the many many things this die set can do, if you'd like to check it out.  To make my coffee pot and cups for this card I stamped them with black ink on watercolor paper and used Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint distress inks to color them.  I stamped the coffee beans and sentiment using Espresso distress ink.  I decided the sentiment needed a bit more color so I stamped just the word "friends" using Faded Jeans ink and fussy cut it, then I glued it on top of the brown "friends".  I coated the coffee beans with some Glossy Accents to make them shine, and added a few blue ink splatters to my card.

I hope I've given you a few ideas today for using this fun coffee stamp set!  I'll be back next Sunday with another card for TupeloDesignsLLC, see you then!


Some of the products I used today were provided by TupeloDesignsLLC, however all opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Ooohhh!!! Love the added blue color on the second card. Both lovely cards Diane. So creative and unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stellar coffee-cards, Diane! Pairing the images with the packaging paper: ingenious! I'm preparing my list for ordering from Tupelo at some point; totally intrigued!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Diane...great vintage feel, love the newspaper bkd and your amazing coloring too!
    TFS
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Diane! Love the print backgrounds and that gorgeous blue!

    ReplyDelete