Thursday, October 22, 2015

Diary of a messed up card!

Hello, folks!  I have a card to share that I made for the current Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge, and a grisly story to go with it lol!











I have to admit, this card didn't turn out how I envisioned it.  I knew how I wanted to do the card base, with the die cut Merry Christmas, so I did that first.  Then I used LOTS of foam tape to pop it up on the red base, trimming down little pieces for all the odd bits of paper around the letters.  Next I colored and fussy cut the ugly sweater image on watercolor paper, and I was pretty pleased with how that turned out.  But then, ACK, underneath where I placed the sweater I got a big blob of blue ink from my Zig pen!  That's not where I intended to place the sweater, but I had no choice at this point.  After all of the work and supplies of making the card base I wasn't going to pitch it and start all over.  I added some holly leaves (they're all from The Stamps of Life), in the top right corner, but I thought it needed more, so I added more holly leaves, and then more, and it just wasn't looking balanced to me.  So I added the silver twine.  Still not right, so I added some clear sequins.  Still not right, it seemed to need more blue so I pulled off some of the clear sequins to add blue sequins.  At that point I'd HAD IT lol, I needed to be DONE with it!!!  Call me a perfectionist if you will, it's the truth, I am one when it comes to my cards and sometimes it results in amazing cards and at other times it simply drives me CRAZY!  At any rate, it's certainly not a horrible card, but when you have something in your head and it doesn't work out that way, it kind of sucks, ya know?  Tell me I'm not the only who does this to themselves lol!

Thanks for stopping by and listen to me whine, I think I need some wine :)

 

5 comments:

  1. oh darn I hate when that happens.. but you recovered from it.. your card looks cute..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Well I think it's a darling card! I don't know where you would have put the sweater other than the bottom corner! Looks perfectly balanced to me and quite cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...story of my life :) I love how your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I totally know that feeling! And I'm always happy when I can find a way to cover my mistake. I very rarely throw something away! Your card looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your need for perfect placement - until recently I designed for a craft shop (now closed) - I still hear my boss in my head - "Just stick it down - time is money". I'd set the problem aside until lunch then tweak it in my own time! Love the way you've 'rescued' your card.

    ReplyDelete