Thursday, October 8, 2015

Masterboard Projects

Hello!  Today's post is featuring some cards I made for Winnie & Walter's World Card Making Day 2015 contest using a masterboard.  A masterboard is simply a full sheet of paper that you stamp and then cut apart to use in different projects.  For a more detailed explanation check out Shay's photos HERE.  I'll also be entering one of my cards in the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.



First, here is a picture of the masterboard I created using Winnie & Walters A Tree For All Seasons stamp set.








First I placed 4 stamps on one block in an eye pleasing fashion that would work well for repeat stamping (I tested it out first on a sheet of scrap paper).  I used a sheet of Canson 9X12 watercolor paper to stamp on with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  You can see a few stamping mistakes but I didn't worry about that because I knew I could simply cut around anything that didn't stamp properly.  Plus I knew that I was going for a more distressed look with some of my projects so stamping perfection wasn't an issue.  After I had the whole sheet stamped, I moved on to making some cards.




For this first card I used Barn Red and Spiced Marmalade distress inks and an ink blending tool to add color to my panel.  Then I added some water droplets to make white spots.  Next I used some Dylusions White Ink Spray to add more white drops (the smaller, whiter drops are done with this).  And lastly I used some Walnut Stain distress ink mixed with water to make the brown spots.  The word hope is from Winnie & Walter; I cut it out of shiny gold card stock and place that inside the white piece which was cut using a piece of the watercolor paper.  I did it like this to make the word hope really stand out.




 For this next card I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch as my card spring board.  I cut panels to size to make the card and used my Zig Clean Color Brush markers to colors the leaves and make the splatters.  The sentiment is from Winnie & Walters The Big, the Bold and Blessings stamp set.  I wrapped some thick brown cord around the bottom of the sentiment panel and tucked in a few leaves to finish the card.






For this last card, which happens to be my personal favorite, I used black ink and Winnie & Walters Big Bloom stamp set.  I stamped the bloom on the masterboard paper and fussy cut, then I colored the leaves using Zig Clean Color Brush markers.  I stamped the word "enjoy" in black and cut with a circle punch.  The word "autumn" is from The Big, the Bold and Seasons.  I added a strip of the masterboard paper across the bottom of the card, adding a thin strip of black on the bottom and a stitching detail across the top of it.  I finished the card with some gold sequins and gold twine.

I still have some pieces of the masterboard left, enough to make several more cards or tags, I'm sure!  I want to thank Shay for showing us this concept because I really enjoyed making a masterboard and creating projects from it!

Thanks for stopping by today, happy crafting!  

4 comments:

  1. so beautiful.. awesome stamping and lovely designs.. i love them all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous set of cards you've made from your masterboard! I love the clean, white look of the FMS card - it works with the sketch so well. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous masterboard projects! Love all the fall colors and awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your fall colors and all of those lovely leaves! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete