Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Happy Fall Ya'll

Hello!  I was so excited when Lesley asked me to be the October guest designer for The Card Concept!  I'm doing the Freestyle Collage category today.  Here is the inspiration photo.







I'll admit this wasn't an easy photo for me, I'm a "color" girl, and this photo doesn't have much color to it.  I decided to use the wood grain, pumpkins, and the bit of blue in the floor as the springboard for my card.  I found pumpkins of different shapes and sizes from various stamp sets and stamped them with Wplus9 Silver Lining ink on various white and gray patterned papers, then I fussy cut them and added a bit of gray Copic markers to do some rough shading.  To make the blue paper I used Wplus9 Falling For Blue, Ocean Drive, and Silver Lining inks and did some ink blending.  I cut the blue paper with a Simon Says Stamp wavy border die.  I added some black, gray, and white splatters to the blue paper.  I stamped the sentiment, which is from Mark's Finest Paper, on a banner and added a bit of the Falling For Blue ink around the edges.  I finished my card with some bakers twine.  I'm very pleased with how this turned out, it reminds me of pumpkins stacked outside a rustic country barn.

Head on over to the The Card Concept to see what the design team came up with using this inspiration photo, and be sure to play along!

12 comments:

  1. You created a fabulous card. You may be a colour girl but you have done wonders here. Great to have you as our GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute card.. I love the color combo.. Im a color girl too but you rocked it.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!
    Love how you were inspired Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Diane! I love your card -- such unexpected colours, but they totally work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Diane- your freestyle collage card is fabulous!! Love the neutrals with the blue- perfect for this challenge!! Hugs and have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this!!!!!! That blue panel-perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this adorable card, Diane! That pop of blue looks perfect with those stacked pumpkins! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this month!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to have you as our guest this month! Your card is so pretty! I love how you were inspired!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congrats on being guestie at one of my most fave places to play ever.... You're work is amazing and love seeing you here Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE yoour neutral pattern pumpkins stacked on top of each other! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the color you added..your card is gorgeous. So happy to have you join us us as GD at The Card Concept! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your guest designing spot! Such a pretty card Dianne! Love the stacked fussy cut pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete