Monday, October 26, 2015

The Challenge #48

Hello, it's Monday, and that means it's time for a new challenge at The Challenge!  Today we have a wedding theme challenge for you, with a rustic inspiration photo.








My card started with the patterned paper, the little brown hearts actually have a wood grain pattern (a bit hard to see in the photo), but I thought it was perfect for the wedding theme and the wood in the photo.  Next I picked out a peachy/pink color paper for my flower (Big Bloom from Winnie & Walter).  I used brown ink to stamp it and then fussy cut, adding some gold thread in between the layers.  The gold ampersand is from the Simon Says Stamp May card kit, as are the words Mr. and Mrs. which I stamped on brown card stock and embossed in white.  The dies that I used to cut the gold scalloped strip and heart panel are from MFT.  I finished my card with gold sequins.  When I first saw the inspiration photo I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I do love how this card ultimately came together :)

I do hope you'll join us this week at The Challenge.  Pop over to the blog to see what all of the other DT members have created, I'm sure you'll be inspired!


4 comments:

  1. pretty card.. i love that big flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower is stunning! Gorgeous card, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love the Mr. & Mrs. sentiment! The flower is so pretty! GREAT take on the inspiration photo! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the large flower with the twine.

    ReplyDelete