Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Card Concept Challenge #42

Hello!  I'm back with my 2nd guest designer post this month for The Card Concept.  This inspiration photo is really gorgeous, I love the pretty flowers and so I decided to go with a floral card using the Freestyle Collage category.








I used Essentials by Ellen Mondo Magnolia and PTI Sweet Blush card stock to make my bloom.  I added a bit of pattern to the bloom with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern stamp and some dark brown ink.  The leaves were cut from Vintage Cream card stock using an Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden leaf die.  For the background I used the new MFT Snow Drifts Cover Up (I have a feeling I'm going to be using this die A LOT, I just love it!)  I cut with the die using PTI Dark Chocolate and Scarlet Jewel card stocks, and then raised them up with foam adhesive, alternating the colors.  The hello die is from Simon Says Stamp, and the die cut sequins are from MFT.  I added some cream thread to my flower, along with clear Wink of Stella and white gel pen accents.

I had so much fun playing along with The Card Concept this month and I want to thank Lesley for inviting me!  I hope you'll play along with us, can't wait to see what you create :)


15 comments:

  1. WOW Diane your card is stunning! So glad that you joined us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Diane! I love the elements you've put together - the unique background, and that gorgeous flower. So glad you've joined us at The Card Concept this month!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love your BG design!!! Perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background and wonderful flower. Lovely use of these colours and so good to have you join us again the week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a gorgeous inspiration photo and I love your beautiful take on it, Diane! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a beautiful creation! I need everything on your card - such gorgeous elements!!!!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that background! It's just perfect for your pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love that background and beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am speechless!! The colors and design... You nailed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous!! That design is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design! Love your background and the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a truly stunning card! AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Glad to see you as GDT at TCC!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I agree with the others- this is a fantastic Freestyle Collage card!! Love the use of the colors, the layering and the added details- so thrilled to have you as a Guest Designer with us this month at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete